Thursday, November 18, 2010

Our new life in Utah


Here are some pictures of our first week in Utah. We visited my older sister Chandra, her husband Chad, and their 5 children in beautiful Grantsville where we even got to go for a pony ride with one of their ponies pulling a cart. It was so beautiful to ride around their neighborhood. Xavier and Julien loved seeing all the animals there, including 2 ponies, 3 horses, 2 dogs, and even chickens.

I celebrated my 35th birthday at a wonderful steak restaurant called "Texas Roadhouse". Very yummy. Then I got a nice birthday cake that my Dad made himself with 35 candles on it. Luckily I did not start the house on fire and was able to blow out all the candles. Hope my wish comes true.

We are all having a great time here. It is wonderful being close to family. Xavier and Julien love playing with their cousins and Xavier is learning a lot in school. We have him in an extra Phonics class and he is doing a great job learning to read and writing his letters and numbers. I am so proud.
Julien will start pre-school once me and Thierry start working and Aurelie will go to day care at the same time.
I was very fortunate to get my old job back at Fidelity Investments so I am very happy about that. Thierry is applying at a few places right now and checking every day for more opportunities so hopefully he finds something soon.
So far we are really happy about moving here and can't wait to start working and move into our own home when we can.
We miss our friends in Germany but are happy at the same time to be so close to family.














1 comment:

Julia said...

I got a little teary watching that video of you with your family. You must all be so happy to be together again. I know your dad and mom must be ecstatic! I am glad that you are all adjusting to the American way of things. We will send good vibes for Theirry so hopefully he can find a job soon! Your kiddos are getting so big Jenifer!