Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Xavier's first black eye





Xavier was climbing on our dining chairs and decided to climb from one to another and slipped and fell and hit his eye on the corner of the other chair. I grabbed him right away and looked at the damage and saw a mark immediately which was getting bigger before my eyes. So I grabbed an ice pack and tried to prevent it from getting too bad but as you can see he finally managed to give himself a black eye. At least he missed actually hitting himself in the eye though. He only cried a little and then when I mentioned he could have an ice pack on his eye to make it feel better he stopped crying immediately. I think he thought I meant ice cream pack though. But once I put the ice pack on his eye he really liked it. We have a wonderful bag of cherry seeds that you can freeze or heat in the microwave for a hot or cold compress. He loves it and wants to use it every day now. I just hope he doesn't injure himself on purpose in the future in order to use the ice pack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG He has a black eye! Poor thing! Hope it gets better soon. He is adorable Jen.

Veronica

Jill said...

I guess it could have been worse right? I can't believe he liked to have an ice pack on his face. My kids freak out when I do that to them. I can't believe how great his teeth look! He has a lot more teeth than he did the last time I saw him. I don't think I have ever gotten such a good look at them in a picture before. What a cutie! Hope his eye gets better soon.