Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hong Kong, part 1

Here are some pictures from Hong Kong. These are only from the first two days I was there so I am going to have to post some more pictures tomorrow. It was an amazing experience to go there and see the sights. I had a great time and was very happy to go to Fiona's wedding. I will post some pictures of her wedding tomorrow as well.















From the top of the Bronze Budda observation platform.















Some female statues facing the bronze Budda and offering him things.












































To give you an idea of the scale of the statue I am standing on the top platform here and I am not even as tall as the lotus leaf he is sitting on.















Inside the temple next to the bronze Budda.















The entry to the courtyard where the temple is located.














Temple next to the Bronze Budda.














Temple next to the Bronze Budda.














Traditional tea pouring.














This is the largest Bronze Budda in the world. It was amazing to see.












































Isn't this view amazing. It was so beautiful and green there.














Look at how tall these buildings are.






























This is a woman Brenda that I met on the tour from Chicago.






























Here is where we got on the cable car going to the giant bronze Budda on Lantau Island. I went on a tour on this day so I could hear about the area and know where to go. The rest of the trip I went around on my own or with friends.















Avenue of the Stars in Hong Kong. Kind of their version of Hollywood Blvd.





























Jet Le's hand print.














Jackie Chan's hand print. He has big hands.






























View from Avenue of the Stars of Hong Kong Island.





























Here are some pictures of my hotel room.






























Check out this mirror on the ceiling. There were mirrors all over the place. I guess in order to make the room look bigger.






























I took these pictures on the bus ride from the airport to my hotel. It was amazing to see such tall buildings and such beautiful green space in between.






























1 comment:

The Wright Family said...

Oh you did go to the Budda statue. That was the one my mom was talking about. She wants a figurine of it and they only had them at that gift shop. We also went to Victoria's peak. Pretty awesome.